Sunday, July 20, 2014

Your fantasy is my reality

Fantasy cakes, I mean! I have always been fascinated of how cakes are turned into a work of art. I knew that there's an artistic side of me but I never really paid attention to it until I started decorating cakes. I had some basic training of cake decorating years ago when fondant covered cakes were never heard of. I only knew boiled and royal icing then. But nowadays these fondant, gum paste or airbrush thingy are very new to me. So I merely rely on youtube videos and countless bloggers for tips and tutorials on how to create artistic cakes. A big thank you to these people for sharing their knowledge to the world.

Here's my first character cake for my godson on his first birthday, followed by a 3D cake for his second birthday.
Muumi themed cake


A bold attempt in basket weave piping with very shaky hands! LOL

There you go!


Garbage truck cake
Back view
Dirty-faced driver :)



No comments:

Post a Comment