Sunday, July 20, 2014

Hit or Miss?


It's-just-not-my-day. The words I often say when my freshly baked goodies went  flop and head straight to the bin. Heartbreaking and even depressing! I told myself countless times I could never be good at baking and I should just give up. But how can I give up something I really LOVE doing? Just keep in mind... Shit happens, get used to it!! :D

So here are some of my hit-and-miss cakes. Although most of my "miss" cakes didn't actually make it for pictorial out of frustration, I don't want to take pictures of them sitting ugly from the bin!



1. Red velvet cake (I made them into cupcakes). Taste was okay (without the cream cheese frosting) and definitely better with the frosting, until my poop became red for three damn days I was dead worried! I have always wondered why so many people swore by this cake and consider it as  "to-die-for". Yes you will definitely die because of the amount of food color in it!! Jeez!
Verdict- MISS. I prolly won't make this again but If I somehow find a way not to use any food color in it then I might change my mind.



2. Banana-chocolate chip muffin
 It was very easy to make. It smelled divine after coming out from the oven. However a day after it became dense and I needed to pop it in the micro soften it up.
Verdict- Still a hit for me :)


4. Pineapple Upside-down cake
A miss for me. Too sweet and dense.



5. Custard cake

HIT. A flan with a cake. Need I say more? 


6. MIL's birthday cake

MISS! I will never use store bought whipped cream spray for cake decorating. Sorry MIL!


7. Steamed Rice Cakes

MISS. On the left side were steamed and on the right side were baked. And these are really meant for steaming. I just wanted to experiment to get the consistency I wanted. But surprisingly both were flop.

No comments:

Post a Comment